FIND RELIABLE CAR SHIPPING COMPANIES
SAVE MONEY SHIPPING CARS
Car Shipping 101
- Car Shipping Quotes
- Enclosed Car Shipping
- Car Shipping Costs
- Military Car Shipping
- Car Shipping Hassles
- Why Hire Car Shippers
Car Shipping to Spain
Car shipping to Spain is one of the challenges when moving to this European county. You would need expert advice from specialists and transporters who are familiar with the countries importation law and Customs duties.
The most popular cities in Spain for shipping are Barcelona, Madrid, Seville, Granada, Toledo and Segovia. Shipping a car, SUV or any other type of vehicle to Spain requires the following information and advice:
1. Scheduling. Car shipping to Spain could take three to four weeks generally. Cars are usually shipped in individual containers. Some car shippers allow you to place a few items into your vehicle.
2. Broker or agent. Hire a broker so that you can get an insider’s information about car shipping company you are meaning to hire. Importation rules can be tricky. A broker can help you understand international laws as well.
Car shipping to Spain as well as to other European countries may require imported car to undergo modifications to meet European standards. Register and insure your car with a Spanish company immediately as you arrive.
Before you hand your car to the shipper and before the actual car shipping to Spain takes place, make sure to keep these items inside your automobile:
1. Car keys. You shipper will definitely need to move your car around and on and off the carrier. It is wise to make spare keys.
2. Car registration and title. Always have these important documents ready especially when shipping internationally. It is wise to produce copies.
3. A notarized statement of you creditor/lessor notarized statement to show that they are aware that you are transporting the car all the way to Spain.
4. Authorization upon delivery. If you can’t personally receive your car during delivery, a notarized letter from you authorizing the receiving person is required.
5. Photo ID of your or anyone who will receive the car. Car shipping to Spain may be delayed due to bad weather or a full ship. Once again a broker or agent could prove to be very helpful even in informing you and giving advice about when your car will reach its final destination.